How to Increase Traffic to Your Blog / Website in 2012
I have created a cool website last months, it has lot of good quality content and very informative. But I got very few visitors in 2012, traffic was very low on my website. It require lot of hard work to create such site, it will become disappointing when there is no traffic. After some time I realized that having great website is of no use if you don’t have good amount of viewers or traffic on your site. Then I started searching on internet, ways to increase traffic on website. I came across lot of useful ways and tips. I applied those to my website and came up with positive result, traffic to my website started increasing. I am sharing some of ways to increase traffic to website with you.
Different ways to increase traffic to website are mentioned below:
1. Update the site daily: Post something daily to your website as people are looking for new and latest stuff on internet. Strong keyword which attracts visitors: Do some research and come up with list of keywords which people are searching in internet. Use those keywords on your site in articles.
2. Post site link (signature) in forums: Post your website link in forums which are related to your website. Make sure that the post in forum should be informative and helpful for others then only they will visit your website.
3. Backlinks: Backlinks, also known as incoming links, inbound links, inlinks, and inward links, are incoming links to a website or web page. In basic link terminology, a backline is any link received by a web node (web page, directory, website, or top level domain) from another web node.
4. Directory submissions: Online directory submission is a process which includes identification of proper category and filing the website or webpage detail in particular related category and get it approved by directory editor.
5. Article submissions: Write some article related to your website and submit it to any article directories.
6. Classified ads: Advertise your website using advertising services, there are many free classifieds out there where you can specify your website and get some traffic from them.
7. Forum commenting: Put website links as your signature in forums and start commenting for posts. Your post will content your signature website link. If people are satisfied with your link then people may visit your website also.
8. Guest posting: Write a guest post on a blog which has higher SEO juice so that your post gets good traffic and in turn your blog gets some traffic via link which will be added in authors bio.
9. SEO technique: There are lot of Search engine optimization techniques available you need to search those and apply it to your site.
10. Share story in social networking sites: Share your thoughts or how you came up with this site or any interesting moment of past.
11. Yahoo answers: Join yahoo answers and answer questions related to your interest and also related to your website and give your website as source.
12. Make site interactive with forums, polls and surveys: Try to make your website interactive. Put some survey or poll which makes visitors to interact more with the website and traffic will increase.
13. Business cards: Add your website link to your business card and give the cards to all your friends and relatives and tell them to share those cards with their friends.
14. Sitemaps: Add sitemap to your website this helps website user to quickly go through all the pages and it will increase website.
15. Bookmarking: Join social bookmarking sites and bookmark your websites, put some useful keywords as tags. There are log of bookmarking sites available such as Stumbleupon, Digg, Reddit, twitter, etc.
16. Other ways to increase traffic to your website:
On page and off page optimization